Sunday, January 10, 2010

On Being A Pseudo Travel Writer



Since August last year, I've been doing online freelance writing work. I used to specialize in health care articles because of my medical background but it was not until last October that a client requested me to write travel articles.

Writing the travel articles strengthens my will to pursue my cabin crew dream. I write about the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, the Trevi Fountain in Rome, the moai carvings in Easter Island and the list goes on. Just this week, I was writing about the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador and the top Asian cities to visit.

In writing these travel guides, I need to sound like I have been there and have personally experienced all the tourist attractions I have listed in a particular destination.

All I can do now is sigh and daydream after I proofread my articles.

I will continue praying that one day, I'll write a travel article that I can really call genuine and have written because I set foot on the city, snorkeled in the island's beaches and tasted the local delicacy.

And I know that One Day is coming soon. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment